The INSTAND Research Award is given to scientists for innovative research work and outstanding scientific results in the field of quality assurance in laboratory medicine. The research prize is awarded every two years. The award ceremony takes place in December during the INSTAND general meeting. The deadline for submission is always 31 July of the respective year.
Next deadline for submission: July 31, 2022.
- Physicians and natural scientists from Germany and abroad who have not yet reached the age of 50 are eligible to participate. Both individual scientists and working groups may apply.
- The papers should be in German or English and must have been submitted to or published in an internationally recognised peer-reviewed journal as original work. At the time of application, the publication should not be more than two years old.
- The research prize is endowed with 5,000 Euros.
- Corresponding publications will be published as reprints in the GMS Journal for the Promotion of Quality Assurance in Medical Laboratories with the authors' consent and, if applicable, the journals.
- The Executive Committee decides on the award of the research prize in an open vote. Legal recourse is excluded.
- Short biographies of the applicants
- Maximum file size: 3 MB
- Maximum number of pages of the application: 2 DIN A4-pages
- Submission to INSTAND e.V., Düsseldorf
For the attention of:
Assistant to the Board
Ubierstraße 20, 40223 Düsseldorf, Germany
Research Award Winners
Dr. Huub van Rossum, Amsterdam, NL, 2020
Dr. Andreas Bietenbeck, München, 2018
Dipl.-Chem. Iris Müller, Dr. med. Michael Freitag, Dr. Benedikt Lohr, Prof. Dr. Jochen Gensichen, Prof. Dr. Klaus-Peter Hunfeld, Frankfurt, 2014
Dr. Benjamin Otto, 2012
Dr. Rüdiger Zimmermann, Erlangen, 2010
Dr. Patricia Kaiser, Düsseldorf, 2006
PD Dr. Hunfeld, Frankfurt, 2003
Dipl.-Biotechn. Stefan Biel, Berlin, 1999
Dr. Schmitz, Meerbusch, Herr Neubauer, München; 1997
Dr. Fabricius, Dr. Fitzner, Dr. da Fonseca- Wollheim, Dr. Heller, Frau Selle, Berlin, 1995
Dr. Caspari, Pohlheim-Hausen, 1993
Dr. Dr. Abel, Heidelberg, 1991
Prof. Trendelenburg, Frankfurt, 1988
Prof. Wood, Strahlsund, 1986
Dr. Wieland, Prof. Seidel, Göttingen, 1981
Prof. Assmann, Münster, 1980